Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday... two days before we leave

Well - we are getting ready to leave on Tuesday for our two week trip back east.



We are basically packed and attempting to do carry on only. We are moving so much during the two weeks that I need for Tessa to be able to handle her own stuff as much as possible. With my back not in great condition it is also necessary to keep it light.



Here is our plan so far:



Oct 7 Depart LAX - arrive JFK late transportion through Carmines car service to Hilton Garden Inn Time Square



Oct 8 - Legally Blonde 2:00 pm dinner reservations at Tavern on the Green. Want to take a carriage ride to get there in Central Park

Oct 9 - day open - Going to Staten Island to see Aunt Katie and family 5:00 pm dinner reservations at Cafe de Artist 7:00 pm HairSpray



Oct 10 - Leave New York take train to Newark and rent car - drive to Theresa's house



Oct 11 Theresa's house



Oct 12 - head toward to Lancaster - spend day/night in Lancaster



Oct 13 - morning in Lancaster drive to Intercourse and over to Philly check into Marriott and drop off rental car rest of day open - have tea reservations at the Four Seasons



Oct 14 - Independence Hall 10:00 am reservations - 5:00 pm dinner with friends in Philly



Oct 15 - train from Philly to Williamsburg (long train ride)Williamsburg Inn - Ghosts tour that night



Oct 16 day in Williamsburg - train to Richmond - Janet picking me up at train station



Oct 17 - spend day in Richmond with Janet



Oct 18 early train to DC - Washington monument at 2:30 pm



Oct 19 - holocaust museum



Oct 20 - Libary of Congress Tour - - arranged through our wonderful Congress person's office - 8:30 am



Oct 21 - White House Tour! Again arranged through our Congress person. Personal Capital Tour to follow - And a tour of the Kennedy Center - - A busy day on Tuesday!



Oct - 22 head home to Orange County!!!

9 comments:

Our Tribe said...

Yippee!
Can't WAIT to start reading the updates and seeing pictures.
(I am SUPER into your trip, and ADORE you and tessa, and I also have selfish motives to prepare for OUR trip in June!!!!)
Have a BALL.
Love,
Stacie

Dawn's Travels said...

Yes... I will be sure to take good notes in order to give you good feeback!

I think your congressmen is the same as mine right? If so Kate from his office really did a great job, even in the midst of everything that has been going on on "the hill" - as she called it-
Let's walk when I get back okay?
Dawn

Suzanne Lowry said...

Hey Dawn!

Have a great time! Looking forward to reading about your adventures. Lunch together when your return...right?
Love you!
Suzanne

Dawn's Travels said...

Yes!!!! Lunch or dinner most definately!

Are you and all going to the fund raiser for Craig and Mary's Orphan ministry? I cannot remember the new name - Frank and I had fun with you two last year. Let me know if you are going again.

Dawn

Jen Johnson said...

What a great trip! I just wish you were going to be a bit further north...we could meet up somewhere! Oh well, NEXT time! God Bless!

Dawn's Travels said...

Jen... I know I was thinking the same thing! Have a great trip yourself!!

Suzanne Lowry said...

The new name for Hadassah's Hope is Orphan Impact International..and YES! We are going to the benefit dinner..Let's go together again...Are you and Frank up for it? Should be fun!! I will probably put you to work though :) November 15...

karens said...

Hi Dawn. I suffer from pre-trip anxiety, too. I'm not overly anxious in real life, but as much as I love to travel, it really stresses me out!

I am looking forward to meeting you and Tessa.

Please call me if you need anything while you're here "out east".

Dawn's Travels said...

Karens - just saw your comment. We are here! :-)

Looking forward to dinner tomorrow night.

See you at 5:00!